Friday Five's topic today is what is in my gym bag. I'll start off by saying I don't have a typical gym bag. I used to, but a couple Christmases ago, my parents gave me a Disney bag as a work bag type thing, and it's big enough that it holds my gym clothes. I simply wear my running shoes into work and change into dress shoes there.
1) Lacrosse ball - I keep up with rolling by having a lacrosse ball in my bag. I roll during my lunch break and have currently found the perfect spot to target. If I hit it just right, I feel the connection down in my knee.
2) Running capris - this is a rather new item. Dallas is cold enough in the winter that I've needed running capris so I don't freeze from the gym to my car. I have heavy running tights but they're a little too warm for the gym.
3) Sweaty Bands - I've written about Sweaty Bands before. I have a couple in my gym bag at all times in case I don't throw one in with the clothes I add each morning. They don't slip whatsoever, and my hair wisps can be out of control. My most recent purchase in coming in the mail this weekend :-)
4) Yurbuds - I have to hide these in my bag, all the way at the bottom, otherwise the cat will chew through the cords. I found during my first couple half marathon, the headphones I had would pinch my ears after an extended period of time, and the buds don't do that. Plus I had to replace my old headphones since Allie did chew through the cords.
5) Shoe freshener - when Allie starts going gaga over my shoes, it's time to freshen up the insoles and insides of the shoes. I use either the air freshening plastic balls or a freshening spray.
Friday Five with Eat Pray Run DC, Mar on the Run and You Signed Up For What?!