Friday, January 16, 2015

What's in My Gym Bag?

Friday Five's topic today is what is in my gym bag.  I'll start off by saying I don't have a typical gym bag.  I used to, but a couple Christmases ago, my parents gave me a Disney bag as a work bag type thing, and it's big enough that it holds my gym clothes.  I simply wear my running shoes into work and change into dress shoes there.

1) Lacrosse ball - I keep up with rolling by having a lacrosse ball in my bag.  I roll during my lunch break and have currently found the perfect spot to target.  If I hit it just right, I feel the connection down in my knee.

2) Running capris - this is a rather new item.  Dallas is cold enough in the winter that I've needed running capris so I don't freeze from the gym to my car.  I have heavy running tights but they're a little too warm for the gym.

3) Sweaty Bands - I've written about Sweaty Bands before.  I have a couple in my gym bag at all times in case I don't throw one in with the clothes I add each morning.  They don't slip whatsoever, and my hair wisps can be out of control.  My most recent purchase in coming in the mail this weekend :-)

4) Yurbuds - I have to hide these in my bag, all the way at the bottom, otherwise the cat will chew through the cords.  I found during my first couple half marathon, the headphones I had would pinch my ears after an extended period of time, and the buds don't do that.  Plus I had to replace my old headphones since Allie did chew through the cords.

5) Shoe freshener - when Allie starts going gaga over my shoes, it's time to freshen up the insoles and insides of the shoes.  I use either the air freshening plastic balls or a freshening spray.

Friday Five with Eat Pray Run DCMar on the Run and You Signed Up For What?!

12 comments:

  1. Oh, I REALLY need some kind of "freshener" for my shoes, Lesley; I'm going to look for some of these plastic balls you've mentioned. Blech. Right now it's not too bad, because I've just retired the oldest pair and rotated in a new one; it's only a matter of time, though - ha! Thanks for sharing some of your faves; hope your Friday is going well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some stores have them, others carry a spray. Right now I have a spray which seems to be helping.

      Delete
  2. Shoe freshener is something I need to get. Especially for after race wkend when I have to pack my stinky shoes in my luggage. -L

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't realize I needed it until Allie started going cookoo over my sneakers.

      Delete
  3. ah the lacrosse ball - small but deadly :) have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely deadly. But I flatten tennis balls and a lacrosse ball is good at getting to my knots.

      Delete
  4. Love Yurbuds! They've worked for me for so long. I'll have to check out Sweaty Bands.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sweaty Bands are the best! So many designs keep them so fun and I have to keep buying more.

      Delete
  5. Shoe freshener is a great idea! And I love using a lax ball on my hips...hurts so good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it does. I didn't think to use one to loosen my ITBS until I went to Airrosti in the fall.

      Delete
  6. I need to try Yurbuds. I've used SkullCandy for years. I can't run without some type of hair bands. Thankfully, most all brands work for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried other brands, but I love Sweaty Bands so much.

      Delete