Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Thinking Out Loud

Tuesdays on the Run is about running in the dark this week, but since I don't do that due to the coyotes and bobcats, this post will be a Thinking Out Loud.


I had to take my car in for an oil change and I decided Monday would be a good day to do it.  I didn't know if the dealership was open so I went to NTB because it was super convenient, and closer.  There is nothing like a car to spring unexpected expenses on someone, and my car did that... I needed a new battery.  NTB tests the system to make sure the car is doing well, and my battery failed the test.  ARGH!!  And during the month I'm moving!

Honestly, though, I'm not surprised.  I got that old battery almost 4 years ago, so the fact that it made it through 4 Texas summers, plus almost 4 whole Texas winters is impressive.  But really?  Now?  They said it was probably still good at the moment, but another cold snap would kill it off.  This is Texas, we could very well get another one without any warning, so what choice did I have?  I hope my car appreciates it!


Another random thought was due to Monday's hockey game.  The Americans don't have their usual DJ, and it certainly sounds it at the games.  I walk in and they had music from a British boy band (no idea if it was One Direction), and then during the game, he also put on Selena Gomez.  Now, I don't remember pop music being that bad, but maybe I was in my teenage world in high school.  I mean, I still have BSB and *NSYNC on my iPod, even a little Christina Aguilera.  I'll definitely take America's Justin over Canada's.


My last (or actually first in order) random thought of the weekend was about Hollywood musicals.  I thought Into the Woods was a dud, and I didn't like Les Miz either because they ruined the soundtrack.  Well, I was reminded on Sunday how great movie musicals could be.  Since I don't watch football, I settled on Fiddler on the Roof on TCM.  It may not be cheery, but the adaptation is very well done.  I don't care how long a movie is, if it's good and worth my time, it'll hold my attention.  Oh, and after that, TCM had To Kill a Mockingbird.  Thank you TCM!!

4 comments:

  1. I jear you kn the car. My carlet me sit thevotjer wk and I didn't think it needed a new battery bc I got one last yr. it finally started and battery charge was good. Now check engine light came on. Going into shop today. Hopefully nothing serious. -L

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It wasn't a surprise since it was 4 years old, but I still got that feeling of "I just got slammed with a surprise expense." Never fun.

      Delete
  2. 4 years is pretty good for a battery! But I hear ya a good one is expensive and never fun to have to buy:) I had to replace my battery a few months back, I just lucked out my mechanic was awesome and did it for free because I was bringing him so much repeat business because of my other car problems, LOL But still nice of him!
    I still haven't seen Into the Woods, I have to high of hopes and I haven't heard much great things about it. I guess I'll put my trust into the Cinderella remake that comes out in March instead! However, as for movies I did go see Unbroken and really loved it! If your looking for a good one, it's worth seeing!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw the Cinderella trailer and I'm not feeling the whole remake an animated movie thing Disney's doing. I didn't see Maleficent either. The one movie I do want to see this year is Pixar's.

      Delete