Monday, January 5, 2015

Monday Musings 1/5

Hello to 2015!  It's still shiny, that new car smell, etc.  My arms are open and I'm ready to embrace the new year and hope for good things to come.  Number 1: I hope to have a good birthday.  Y'all, I'm turning 30 this month.  I remember thinking 30 was so old, and that was so far in the future.  It's funny what 7-year-olds think.  Now I'm staring 30 right in the face!

Anyone seen any good movies over break?  I saw Into the Woods and want my 2 hours back.  I really wanted to like it.  I have friends from high school who love it but I know a movie adaptation was not the best way to introduce myself to it.  And aside from Pitch Perfect 2, there were no trailers that held my interest.  I have to confess, every trailer I see for a Nicholas Sparks piece of work makes me want to hurl.  I think it all started with the Notebook.  It's sweet, but nothing more.  I'd much rather watch a movie like Casablanca.

*****

Saturday: 30 minutes bike

Sunday: 1.25 miles


4 comments:

  1. I hope you have a great Birthday too:) 30 is actually great, I used to think the same way as you. But once I hit 30 I realized I felt no different than I was at 20, just a little smarter:) Plus, this is going to be your year to get over that injury and back to running as you love, and 30-35 is actually when most women peak and get their best PR's, so think of it as great things ahead of ya:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At this point I feel ready to leave my 20s. A little scary, but my 20s had some major swings.

      Delete
  2. 30 isn't bad at all! I actually preferred being 30 over 29. Something about it was comforting- maybe because I was already acting like I was old! I didn't see any movies lately, but we did watch The Maze Runner on netflix. I thought it was ok, but I liked the book better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've had "old moments" but I don't mind them.

      Delete