Monday, January 26, 2015

Monday Musings 1/26

What a busy weekend!  I'm moving this Wednesday but I picked up my keys on Friday.  I've shuttled some stuff over and am just waiting for the movers.  You don't how much kitchen crap you have until you have to pack it up and move it.  I did 2 trips each Friday, Saturday and Sunday and yet the kitchen isn't all transferred.  I did move stuff from the linen closet and my closet to break things up.

Saturday was a great day, I did 2.25 miles!  Pain free!  I'm building a long run playlist and I'm having so much fun again.  Saturday was also my 30th birthday, and I picked up 3 cakes on Friday from Nothing Bundt Cakes.  I got their tower of 3 bundtinis with carrot cake, red velvet, and pecan praline.


Sunday I also had fun spending Christmas and birthday gift cards.  I finally bought the Crock Pot I wanted and I'll make my first meal with it next weekend.  I have the recipe printed out and I'm excited to try it.  Sunday is also the 1-year anniversary since I got Allie.


I'd say things are going pretty well.

Sunday night I also got to feed my history nerd.  The History Channel has a mini series of the Sons of Liberty, and Sunday night they started with the governor trying to arrest Sam Adams and ended with the Boston Massacre.

*****

Sunday: HIIT

Monday: yoga

Tuesday: 1.75 miles, intervals 1/1

Wednesday: HIIT

Thursday: 30 minutes bike

Friday: rest

Saturday: 2.25 miles

14 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday friend! I always say that I would hate to have to pack up and move. There would probably be SO much stuff that would be left behind. I guess you don't realize how much unnecessary stuff you accumulate over the years! -M

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sadly getting good at packing an apartment, but I am getting rid of things I haven't used since I moved in to my current place.

      Delete
  2. Happy Birthday and good luck with the move! I agree there is way to much stuff hidden in my kitchen drawers- I would hate to have to move it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a good place for things to hide. Most of the other rooms just have furniture, the kitchen as so many things.

      Delete
  3. Happy Happy Birthday (on Saturday:) Nothing Bundt Cakes are AMAZING!!! Yum, that is a great way to celebrate!!!
    Good luck with your move this week, hopefully you have plenty of help to get it done quick!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Nothing Bundt Cakes. My favorite flavor so far is pecan praline.

      Delete
  4. Aww, happy birthday and one year anni with Allie! I hope the rest of the move goes well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, I'm ready to move. I'll have a shorter commute so bonus!

      Delete
  5. Good luck with the move! Hope it goes smoothly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a couple days between the furniture moving and then having to move out of my old place. I can take my time this round.

      Delete
  6. Lesley, you are speaking the truth, girl! How does all of that stuff fit in the kitchen, anyway? Good luck with your move and thanks so much for linking up with the blog again today. Happy belated birthday; those cakes look amazing! I couldn't live without my crockpot; I post some easy crockpot recipes every once in awhile and I love Stephanie O'Dea's recipes (she has a blog and has published two cookbooks). Take care and I hope your week is off to a good start!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to condense my stuff too. My new kitchen is a little smaller than my current kitchen, so I'm going to have to play around with storing stuff.

      Delete
  7. Happy 30th Birthday. I loved my 30s! The cakes sound delicious. Hope you had a chance to enjoy all three!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I did :-p I never had 3 cakes before for a birthday weekend, so why not? I'm 30, I can make those important decisions.

      Delete