Monday, January 19, 2015

Monday Musings 1/19

The weekend update is now linked up with Tara at Running N Reading!

This weekend was the first ever Star Wars race weekend at Disneyland.  I didn't participate :-( but I knew the races would have some great costumes.  The pictures have not disappointed.  When I saw the pictures from the 5k, I wanted to watch Star Wars, but there was only one problem... I'd packed most of my DVDs, so I had to go digging.  This was one I wanted to watch Friday night.


I found it, no problem.  I fast forward through the extra Jabba the Hut scene because I'm one of those Star Wars purists.  I want the original theatrical releases on DVD, and I think us Star Wars fans need to petition Disney to do just that.  They'd strike Star Wars gold, if you ask me.

The rest of the weekend was a little bit lazy, little bit working out.  I did get outside on Saturday, but every time I turned to face south on the track, I was met with gale force winds.  Texas weather can be so cruel.  The sun was shining, it was 50 degrees (which to a former Boston resident is heaven!), but that wind that made things so very cold.  At least I got to use my Garmin :-)

Then it was a good thing I did HIIT on Sunday.  Saturday I was watching BBQ on the Food Network, and I started craving it.  I hadn't eaten BBQ since maybe June, and I couldn't get my mind off it for dinner.


I got the pulled pork, and have enough leftovers for a whole other meal.  HIIT is beating me up in a good way so I'm hoping I burned off the calories from my BBQ treat.

*****

Sunday: HIIT

Monday: yoga

Tuesday: 2.11 miles of intervals at 1/1

Wednesday: PT

Thursday: 1.25, 4/1

Friday: rest

Saturday: 1.6 miles outside :-)


16 comments:

  1. Ha! My husband was obsessively checking out all of the costumes too. He's a huge Star Wars fan as well. We are here in Boston and I have to say that I would be jealous of your 50 degree weather. That must be heaven - minus the wind of course. Today I'm actually hoping that an outside run might be possible. Fingers crossed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember 50 degree days in Boston. So great, and just for a moment, we thought spring was coming :-p

      Delete
  2. Looks like a great week! 50 degrees sounds great but wind can really ruin a good run.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The wind was really strong. I wanted to keep going but the wind actually hurt my ears, of all things.

      Delete
  3. I'll admit, I'm not a Star Wars fun. Nonetheless, it was still fun to follow along with everybody online and see all of the amazing costumes. The creativity that some had blows me away!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Costumes at Disney races are always creative, but throw Star Wars into the mix? I knew there would be some great ones.

      Delete
  4. I have never dont HIIT workouts but heard they are a great calorie burner. I have also never watched Star Wars movie..haha -L

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With the way I'm feeling after a HIIT workout, I'm sure they are burning lots of calories. It's a nice change up.

      Delete
  5. How did you like the new Garmin?

    Ahhh, I SO wish I had the originals on DVD! Especially the end of Jedi. I do not care for the music they changed it to in the celebration scene in the re-release!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far the Garmin's working well. I got to test it out and save my first workout on it :)

      I hate the end of the new Jedi with young Anakin. Bring back older Anakin!

      Delete
  6. Great job with your workouts, Lesley; you definitely needed that BBQ, girl! I find that if I just eat what I want, then I can stop obsessing about it and move on; I think you made a great decision, plus you had a leftover meal, too! Yes, I, too, wish we had the "good" Star Wars movies on DVD...whatever. Thanks for sharing your weekend on the link up this week and I hope you have a great week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I crave something, I normally indulge. I normally eat well and stick with healthy options, but if I'm craving something like BBQ, I have fun. I can satisfy the craving and move on.

      Delete
  7. I can remember seeing the original Star Wars at the movie theater and being so IN LOVE with Mark Hamill. Heh heh. I'm telling my age! I hope they bring that race to WDW. I cook a Boston Butt in the crock pot at least once a month. BBQ = yummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a Han Solo gal, maybe it's the bad boy character.

      Delete
  8. YAY for getting to use your new Garmin:)
    Great job on the running, your getting there. You'll be back to 5k's by spring at this rate!
    BBQ, I love it! Sometimes I will make BBQ in the crockpot, I know its the lazy girls way, but it tastes fabulous:) Now I am craving it!
    I've never been a huge Star Wars fan, but I have a brother in law who if he lived near that race, he'd go crazy with it, and make all of his family too:) So fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The 10k is now on my bucket list, but it's probably on everyone's bucket list. I need to plan ahead and have a course of action for the year I want to do it.

      Delete