Monday, January 12, 2015

Monday Musings 1/12

OK, I miss Marathon Weekend.  There, I said it.  I know the races are getting crowded and I was extremely cranky last year since I had to walk the whole thing, but I miss being at Disney.  I did watch the Live Stream for a bit yesterday morning, and I've been keeping up with pictures on social media.


Allie's not impressed, but we snuggled while I watched the stream.

I've decided if I can built up to a 10k comfortably, I want to go back to Disney races.  I really like the 10k medals, can I say moreso than the half medals?  I know, I know, but I mean, it's Minnie, and a Stormtrooper, and fairies...

*****

Have I mentioned how much I love Sweaty Bands?  Wednesday they posted pictures of the exclusive Disney designs they made for Marathon Weekend, and I so wanted to get to Orlando to get one of those designs.  I LOVE the Cheshire Cat band but didn't exactly know how I could get one.  But then I saw they also posted their Custom Design team info if we wanted one of the designs but weren't going to be at Disney.  So guess what I did?  I ordered the Cheshire Cat band.

"Oh, you can't help that.  Most everyone's mad here!"

*****

Sunday: 1.25 miles

Monday: HIIT abs

Tuesday: 1.5 miles

Wednesday: HIIT whole body

Thursday: yoga

Friday: rest

Saturday: 1.5 miles

4 comments:

  1. Lesley, it stinks being stuck at home while everyone else is racing, right? You mentioned that you are trying to work back to a 10K; have you experienced a setback recently? I hope you've not been injured - ugh. I love Allie's excitement about the race - classic! Hope your Monday is going well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't really run last year due to ITBS. I'm finally back on track and have set my sights on a 5k to start with. At the moment, I'm just enjoying being able to run even small distances without my leg unraveling.

      Delete
  2. This is going to be your year! I know exactly how you feel, the past two years watching everyone else running marathons kinda killed me a little. I mean I was so happy for all my friends, but I couldn't help feeling super bummed that I couldn't be there running them too!
    You are on the mend, I definitely see a Disney 10K in your future sometime this year!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I certainly hope so. I'm just focused on a 5k right now, but of course my brain can't help but look beyond that. I just can't stop it.

      Delete