Thursday, January 15, 2015

I Needed This!

Y'all, I needed the workout I got on Tuesday!  I started intervals like PT wants me to do, and I was on the treadmill for 30 minutes!  I haven't done that since 2013... throw in that I did 2.11 miles and that's the first I've done over 2 miles in quite a while.  I really really really needed that.  My leg felt good during and after the workout, and I found a really good spot to target my lacrosse ball rolling.  I'll ease up a little bit during today's workout since I still want to be cautious, but Tuesday was a great boost for me.


Saturday I want to hit the track.  The weather should warm up and I got a Garmin for Christmas that I haven't been able to test out yet.  I was either sick or the cold and gloom settled over Dallas.  I've also been packing to move apartments, so my weekends are a bit chaotic, but it's forecasted to be in the 60s on Saturday, and I'm determined to run outside.

8 comments:

  1. 30 minutes on the TM with no pain is great news. I hope you get to use your Garmin soon. I think you're gonna love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so :) I didn't need all the bells and whistles, just something that can help me with my intervals that won't keep talking *cough* runkeepr *cough*

      Delete
  2. Glad you got a good run in! And I hope you get to try out the Garmin soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It felt so good! I could've kept going but decided to end it on a very good note.

      Delete
  3. Wahoo, 2 miles, very happy for your!
    I have this same Garmin, I love it! I think you'll love it too, hope you get to try it out soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm slowly building towards a 5k. It's fun right now and that's my top priority.

      Delete
  4. Woo hoo! And intervals make the TM so much better! Hope you get out and love the new Garmin!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It did. Sometimes my TM workouts take a long time but intervals helped change it up.

      Delete