Friday, January 23, 2015

Fun Facts

Today's Friday 5 is 5 facts about us.

1) I'm Texas born but not raised.  I lived in Arizona, Wisconsin and Massachusetts before moving back to Texas.

2) I played soccer and lacrosse growing up, but hated running.  It was always something I had to do, and I didn't find the joy in it until I was 24.

3) I am a Parrothead.  I've been to 7 Jimmy Buffett concerts and have *cough cough* 172 of his songs on my iPod.  Some are repeats since I have studio albums and several concert albums.

4) My first half marathon was run Disney's Princess half, but I'm not a princess/damsel in distress person.  My favorite Disney "princess" is Belle, and I swear the studio animated me for Anna.  Don't know how they did that.  And I was pretty much like Merida when I was 16, just ask my parents.

5) If you haven't been able to tell by my book reviews :-p I'm a history nut.  Any kind of history, American history, British history, Russian history.  It was my best subject in school and I love it to this day.


Friday Five with Eat Pray Run DCMar on the Run and You Signed Up For What?!

16 comments:

  1. I did a half marathon many yrs ago and then stopped running. When I started again my next half was the Princess Half. And I have been doing that ever since. -L

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved it as my first. I know I compare all races I do to Disney, but it was so well done and so fun.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I've been back here for almost 6 years and even though it gets hot, I've loved it so much.

      Delete
  3. Lesley, I have a bachelor's degree in history so I feel your pain. :) I love finding other Texans through their blogs; I will always be a Texan, at heart. Thanks for sharing all of these fun tidbits with us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't go into history, but one thing I loved about my college was half our credits had to be from liberal arts. I took many history classes, including 2 art histories.

      Delete
  4. Mr. Buffett makes the best margarita...just sayin'. Margaritaville, anyone?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the culture, and whenever I'm in Orlando, I have to go to the Margaritaville restaurant.

      Delete
  5. I have been meaning to ask, do you read Phillipa Gregory books? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have. I know they're not quite factual, but they're still fun. I'm behind on her books though. The last one I read was the Lady of the Rivers.

      Delete
  6. Love your a Jimmy Buffet fan! I may not have nearly as much as you, but I do own his greatest hits CD collection, LOL and 5 o clock somewhere is on my running playlist:)
    I love history too, I enjoy reading about it, but I also enjoy traveling around to see it. When I pick a marathon in a state to run, before I get there I am googling to see what part of history they have there that I want to see while I am there:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to do a foreign race just to be able to tour the history of the city after the race. I'm thinking Dublin, London or Paris, even though I've been to London and Paris.

      Delete
  7. i almost added a history minor in college because i loved it so much! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still keep up with it. Tomorrow the History Channel has a three night special on the Sons of Liberty :)

      Delete
  8. I always thought lacrosse looked like fun but only ever got to play it once or twice. No teams in my area growing up or anything. I hated running, and only started 2 years ago.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't heard of it until my family moved to Boston. I loved the sport right away.

      Delete