Tuesday, January 6, 2015

2015 Goals

How was everyone's New Year's Eve?  I was asleep by 10 - I'm just not a NYE kind of girl.  I even slept through Y2K.  Anyone have goals for 2015?  This year I've decided never to use "resolution" again because it implies I've been doing stuff wrong and resolutions are rarely kept.  My mom and I were talking about this last week and I think goals are better.  Goals are positive and something to achieve.

Anybody else love Calvin and Hobbes?
My shortest term goal would be to completely kick this flu and get 100% healthy.  I got some running toys for Christmas and I want to play around with them.  I'm getting better every day but I still have a cough I can't shake.  I am weaning myself off of medicine though, and I hope to really be back to normal soon.

I'd also like to be able to do a 5k this year, and get certified at work.  I went for that in September and missed by 12 points, mostly on a category I don't do at work.  I can't be disappointed when it's a topic I've never been trained on and have no knowledge about.  The best I could do was guess.

My thoughts have turned to a 5k, and I need to decided which 5k.  Before Christmas break, I'd done 2 miles a few times, so 1.1 miles to go.  I'm scaling back PT now to once every two weeks, and we have a game plan, which is more HIIT training and not heavy weights.  This is a change for me since I normally avoided HIIT, and I'm looking on Amazon for guides to get workouts.

Tuesdays on the Run with  April, Patty, and Erika.

12 comments:

  1. This was the second year in a row that I didn't make it up to midnight! But Im ok with that, Im not much of a NYE person either. Good luck with running a 5k this year, Im sure you can do it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's a goal I can achieve after the hard work I did last year.

      Delete
  2. I really like the word goals as well. I do not make resolutions either bc if I dont fulfil them I get disappointed in myself. Like I am already setting myself up for failure.....haha. -L

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've just seen so many people not stick with resolutions. If I set a goal, I can focus on that and feel good about myself if I get it.

      Delete
  3. I can't remember the last time I stayed up to ring in a New Year! And, I don't like resolutions either. I don't feel like I need to resolve anything, just accomplish a few items. I hope you get stronger every day and achieve that 5k goal soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'd love to do longer distances but I'm starting from the beginning.

      Delete
  4. I love Calvin & Hobbes!! I've been struggling to recover from the flu too. I cannot believe how much it set me back on my running endurance! Great goals! Thanks for linking up with us today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I felt so weak after the flu, and I was only sick for a day. I do feel like getting back to the gym has helped me heal but man I was sluggish for a while.

      Delete
  5. Look on Pinterest for some HIIT workouts. I always find some interesting workouts there.

    Hope the rest of your recovery goes well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I hadn't thought of Pinterest. I've never really done Pinterest so this could be interesting.

      Delete
  6. I am exactly the same way, resolutions nah... Goals Heck Ya!
    Love your 5k goal, I hope you just keep on recovering! That is awesome your to the point you can scale back the PT!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's nice to scale back on PT. I'm ready to try things on my own and see what happens.

      Delete