TOTR with April, Patty, and Erika.
Today's post will be my recap of the year. I had a rough year thanks to my injury, but I'll recap nonetheless. I'll be on vacation after this week and posts will be spotty.
1) WDW Half marathon. I crossed the starting line and finish line. Was it a good idea? No, but I'm beyond stubborn, and that's an understatement. I wanted that bling.
This was my slowest half to date since I walked it, but dammit I got that medal!
2) Renamed the blog. It was a name I thought of after initially publishing my blog under the old name, and I kept going back and forth with the name change. I finally committed so I could talk more about non-running stuff.
3) Cortisone shot. That wasn't fun, and it didn't work, but I got prescribed PT sessions and a recommendation for Airrosti. 50/50 if you ask me.
4) PT sessions. I was told I was in the wrong shoes (despite being fitted for neutral shoes the previous summer). I bought a pair of Brooks support shoes since I'm still staying clear of ASICS. They made me mad last year, and I don't forget.
5) Airrosti. Thankfully I went to this place. After 6 sessions, I've been able to run pain free, but I still have to be careful. I'm at 2 miles, done twice, pain free. Building will continue next year.