Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Running Year in Review

TOTR with  April, Patty, and Erika.

Today's post will be my recap of the year.  I had a rough year thanks to my injury, but I'll recap nonetheless.  I'll be on vacation after this week and posts will be spotty.

1) WDW Half marathon.  I crossed the starting line and finish line.  Was it a good idea?  No, but I'm beyond stubborn, and that's an understatement.  I wanted that bling.


This was my slowest half to date since I walked it, but dammit I got that medal!

2) Renamed the blog.  It was a name I thought of after initially publishing my blog under the old name, and I kept going back and forth with the name change.  I finally committed so I could talk more about non-running stuff.

3) Cortisone shot.  That wasn't fun, and it didn't work, but I got prescribed PT sessions and a recommendation for Airrosti.  50/50 if you ask me.

4) PT sessions.  I was told I was in the wrong shoes (despite being fitted for neutral shoes the previous summer).  I bought a pair of Brooks support shoes since I'm still staying clear of ASICS.  They made me mad last year, and I don't forget.

5) Airrosti.  Thankfully I went to this place.  After 6 sessions, I've been able to run pain free, but I still have to be careful.  I'm at 2 miles, done twice, pain free.  Building will continue next year.

10 comments:

  1. Aw it's tough when you go through an injury...sorry to hear, but I'm glad you're making the steps to get back out there! i'd find that medal hard to resist too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes I do base things off the bling. I was at Disney and I was going to do that race.

      Delete
  2. You sound like me. I struggled a lot the first half of the year. Sept and Oct were good months for me but now i'm starting to hurt again. Must be time to get more cortisone shots! Here's hoping your 2015 is a better year for your running (safely that is).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Things picked up in October and I'm keeping my fingers crossed all will be well from here on out. I know what I need to do to keep my legs loose.

      Delete
  3. The Disney half was my first, and I'm so glad that I chose to run it as my first! Its my favorite medal thus far!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I was spoiled by doing a Disney race first. I keep comparing everything to them.

      Delete
  4. Sorry to hear that you dealt with injury for so much of this year! It sounds like you did what you had to do and will be back strong in 2015!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so! I know getting back to support shoes was a big part of it, but I did have to do extra since my leg was so tight.

      Delete
  5. You've had a rough year, and I totally understand your frustration over the injuries! But you have a great attitude and your getting through it!
    I love that you've done a couple of 2 milers now without pain, that is GREAT news!!!!!
    2015 is going to be a good year for us, injuries be gone... gone for good!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To say the least. I'm not good at being injured, and I can barely sit still as it is. I need to run!

      Delete