Monday, December 8, 2014

Monday Musings 12/8

I found my new favorite dessert, and I have to learn to make these.  I went to the Allen Americans game last night and Rockey Mountain Chocolate Factory has a small kiosk where they sell goodies, including these:


Apples covered in caramel covered in pecans.  I can't tell y'all how good this is.  They use Granny Smith's, which is perfect to hold up with the caramel and pecans.  I cannot have this every day, but at least I can fool myself into thinking this is healthy :-p

*****

Sunday: strength training

Monday: rest

Tuesday: Jillian Michaels core work

Wednesday: PT

Thursday: yoga

Friday: rest

Saturday: 1.25 miles, 4/1 interval

8 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness they look delicious. Please share if you find the recipe. -L

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely will. I've seen chefs on the Food Network do it with melted caramel squares. That may be the way to do it.

      Delete
  2. Oh yum! I haven't had a caramel apple in years, and probably never with pecans that would be delicious. I would say since the apple is the biggest part its 95% healthy and 5% splurge, LOL of course I should recommend you not listen to my crazy way of thinking, LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! Apples are healthy, there's just a thin layer of caramel, and then pecans provide protein and healthy fat :)

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. It was so YUM!! They have other flavors but that's the one I really like.

      Delete
  4. That sounds so good! When I was away for Thanksgiving my in-laws bought a fruit tray that had slices apples and caramel for dipping! So good- and pecans would have made it even better!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just the whole combo makes it so good. I do want to try their heath bar combo and see how that is.

    ReplyDelete