Monday, December 15, 2014

Monday Musings 12/15

Ever watched a food movie and then had an intense craving for the food they were cooking in that movie?  Last weekend I got Chef through Netflix and when the movie was over, I had a craving for a Cuban sandwich.  But I live in Dallas, so what's a girl to do?  Actually, turn to Yelp and discover there's a Cuban cafe in the town I live in, so I got my Cuban sandwich :-)

This Sunday I actually decided to take an extra rest day.  I've been feeling run down with the final push until Christmas break, so instead of doing my usual weight lifting, I watched the broadcast of the Dallas Marathon, snuggled with Allie, then proceeded to veg for the rest of the day.  I wrapped up weekend errands before parking myself on the couch.


It's easy to veg when this girl wants to snuggle most of the day.  She even put me to sleep at one point before lunch.  It was fun watching the Dallas Marathon on TV, and I saw Ryan Hall pace his wife Sara to a PR half marathon finish.  It was nice to have the race back after an ice storm cancelled the race last year.  Trust me, Dallas cannot deal with cold weather at all so it was nice to be able to go outside and do stuff with clear roads this weekend.

*****

Sunday: strength training

Monday: rest

Tuesday: 1.5 miles

Wednesday: PT

Thursday: yoga

Friday: rest

Saturday: 2 miles

2 comments:

  1. Sometimes a day of rest and vegging out is totally what we need:) With that beautiful kitty to cuddle, why not:)
    2 Miles on Saturday, that is awesome does this mean your having even more healing with that stubborn injury? I really hope so!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so too. The Airrosti doc followed up with me this month to see how things are going. I'm still ever too slowly building, but that's the key. He's seen too many patients go back to him because they built mileage way too fast.

      Delete