Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Where in the World: Submarine Voyage

I'm switching things up a little bit and going with a theme park attraction.  Why?  For my family, this ride is tied to the Little Mermaid.  The Little Mermaid just turned 25 years old, and I'm feeling old.  It hit theaters Nov. 17, 1989, when I was four, and a couple months later, my parents took me to Disneyland for the first time.  What happens when Mermaid is on the brain and you take a darling 4-year-old on a Disney submarine ride?  She looks for Ariel the entire ride, and provides the submarine with an impromptu script, all by herself.

The ride itself was closed in 1998, and later refurbished with a Finding Nemo theme.

Location on map





2 comments:

  1. I have never been to Disneyland but am so excited to goo there this comming Spring. I have gone to the Finding Nemo ride at Disney World. -L

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the Finding Nemo ride at Disney World. Turtle Talk with Crush is in DCA if you've done that at EPCOT.

      Delete