Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Top Thanksgiving Episodes

It's always fun to watch TV episodes centered around Thanksgiving.  I know this list only covers what I watch, and there are many others on shows I didn't watch when they were on, or don't watch current shows.  This is my version of Friday 5 since I'll take a 4-day vacation from blogging.

WKRP Cinncinati "Turkeys Away" - the radio station owner is bored and comes up with a Thanksgiving promotion.

the Bob Newhart Show "Over the River and Through the Woods" - Emily is away in Seattle and Bob spends Thanksgiving with the guys.

Everybody Loves Raymond "No Fat" - Marie's high cholesterol gives her a health scare and she decides to make a meatless Thanksgiving meal.


Frasier "A Lilith Thanksgiving" - Frasier and Lilith must interview for Frederick's private school application.  Niles is stuck cooking the turkey.

New Girl - all of them.  There are 4 Thanksgiving episodes.  1) the group discovers their neighbor has died, 2) Jess tries to get her parents back together (Rob Reiner and Jamie Lee Curtis), 3) the group goes camping and Jess ends up in the hospital, 4) everyone brings a date for another person in the group

Northern Exposure "Thanksgiving" - The Indians in Cicely celebrate by throwing tomatoes at white people, Joel learns he must serve another year on his contract, and Chris reminisces about the Thanksgivings he had while in prison.

4 comments:

  1. I don't think I have ever seen any of the ones you have mentioned. Maybe I'll be able to see some on tonight or tmrw. -L

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're always good. I find less episodes focus on Thanksgiving but I love these.

      Delete
  2. Wow, lots of old shows here!

    I don't remember many thanksgiving episodes but I did watch Modern Family and the Middle last week for their thanksgiving episodes and they were quite funny!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've watched what I have and what I can get for free online. I'm definitely ready for the holiday :)

      Delete