Monday, November 10, 2014

Monday Musings 11/10

Let's talk about gym locations.  I mainly go to two different branches of the gym I go to, one near my apartment and one near my work.  The one near my apartment is amusingly near several fast food restaurants and one Starbucks.  One the same side of the road is a Pei Wei, Whataburger, and Taco Bell.  One way across the road is a Canes and on the other side of the road is a Buffalo Wild Wings.  I'm amused since the gym is supposed to get people healthy and keep them healthy, and yet there are so many no-so-healthy restaurants near it.

Saturday morning after my run, one of these places was cooking bacon.  I don't think it was the Starbucks or the Pei Wei, and I'm leaning towards blaming Whataburger.  I've never eaten at Whataburger, so I don't really know if they have bacon on the menu, but I know what I smelled.  Bacon!  Instead of trying to find said bacon, I went home to ice :-/

Luckily I got my bacon Saturday night.  Friends and I went out to dinner before the Allen Americans game and I had a grown-up grilled cheese with applewood smoked bacon!

*****

Sunday: yoga - oof!

Monday: PT

Tuesday: rest

Wednesday: 1.25 miles

Thursday: yoga

Friday: rest

Saturday: 1.75 miles

4 comments:

  1. I think that is funny too! It's all about location, and what better place for fast food than right outside a gym. Especially since so many are hungry after, or feel they deserve a splurge, lol... Smart on the restaurants part, but not so smart for those leaving the gym if they stop at one on the way out:)
    I am not a huge bacon eater, but there is something about smelling it in the air in the morning that just makes ya want it:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It smells so good when it's being cooked in the morning. I don't eat it often either but I love the smell of it.

      Delete
  2. That's funny! Good Marketing tools I guess.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The other branch has a grocery store in the same complex, so no fast food near it. I'd only be tempted by Starbucks but the drive-thru always has a long line.

      Delete