Friday, November 21, 2014

Favorite Fall Foods

Fall means getting out more complex dinners that take more time to cook.  Since it's not hotter than Hades anymore, I don't mind cooking more.  Most of these are one-pot meals, which makes clean up so much easier.  In do particular order:

1) Turkey chili - this one is a new one for me this year but I loved it!


2) Tortilla soup - A must during the cold weather in fall and winter.

3) Cheddar corn chowder - with bacon, 'nuff said

4) Skillet rosemary chicken - I do not use a skillet, I use a Dutch oven to cook the chicken and then throw in the rest of the ingredients

5) Boeuf bourguignon - I cut out the bread base and do some other adjustments, but another great Dutch oven meal.


Friday Five with Eat Pray Run DCMar on the Run and You Signed Up For What?!


10 comments:

  1. All those food sound so tasty. Especially the soups. Perfect for this time of year. -L

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely. Weather it's cold or dreary (or both), soups are always great.

      Delete
  2. I love dutch oven meals!
    Chedder corn chowder with bacon, I will give that a big thumbs up YUM!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That one is so good and makes so much leftovers. I freeze a few tupperware-fulls to have later in the winter.

      Delete
  3. I'm with you, tortilla soup is a must-have! All of these recipes sound delicious!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, if it's going to be cold, I put the ingredients on my grocery list. It's so easy to make too.

      Delete
  4. tortilla soup and chili - both great meals! i love your list :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The best part is aside from prepping, you throw the ingredients in the pot and let them cook.

      Delete
  5. Tortilla soup sounds great. I LOVE cooking in a dutch oven. It's fantastic for cooking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are great. I never knew what I was missing until I got one.

      Delete