Monday, October 20, 2014

Monday Musings 10/20

I'm shifting this post a full day so I can relax on the weekends.  It'll be the same format, random musings, but it'll be Monday Musings instead of Sunday.

After my run went well on Thursday, I got discharged from Airrosti after my appointment on Friday.  It's up to me now to be good and continue foam rolling, using my lacrosse ball, stretching, and icing.  They'll call in a couple weeks to see how I'm doing, and I can make appointments if I feel some tightness isn't going away, if I notice new tightness, or if I feel I just need to go in for some maintenance.  I also need to be smart about building mileage, so a 5k in December may be a little too soon.  I definitely won't rush things and I won't schedule any races until I feel I'm safe.

*****

Sunday: weight lifting

Monday: Airrosti

Tuesday: 30 minutes bike

Wednesday: PT

Thursday: 1.5 miles; 2/1 for half, 3/1 for half

Friday: Airrosti

Saturday: rest

Sunday: 1.5 miles, 2/1 intervals

4 comments:

  1. We kind of did the same thing with our Sunday post this week. Hope you feel back to normal soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mondays will be the new normal :) I wanted to do the Friday 5 link up for a bit, and that would've made it 5 posts each week. Why not have those 5 on all week days and take the weekend off?

      Delete
  2. That is good news that you have finished your Airrositi, that must mean you are improving!
    Take it slow and you'll do fine.
    When I was coming back (still am) from a long injury layoff, it took me months to build back up into the 1 mile a day range, and then it was a little faster to move up to 3 a day, and then so on.
    But it's hard, I know what you mean when you say you don't want to rush things, Its hard to come back, but you'll do it, and eventually you will be able to pick an upcoming race to enter!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, slowly and surly. Now that tension is released in my right leg, I need to let my left leg adjust. I'm feeling some difference in my left calf and it's funky.

      Delete