Friday, October 31, 2014

Friday Five: Halloween Edition

Friday Five with Eat Pray Run DC, Mar on the Run and You Signed Up For What?!


Anything Halloween?  Here are my top 5 Halloween movies, in no particular order :-)

1) Nightmare Before Christmas - the very first Tim Burton film I saw.  This stop-motion picture is about Jack, the Pumpkin King, taking over Christmas because he is bored with his Halloween existence.  Cast includes Chris Sarandon, Catherine O'Hara, Danny Elfman and Ken Page
 
2) Hocus Pocus - the cult classic starring Bette Midler.  3 sister witches come back to life in modern times (OK, 1993 modern times) and must suck the life out of Salem's children before turning to dust.  I know there are others in the cast but the Divine Miss M steals every scene she's in.

3) Sleepy Hollow - my favorite Tim Burton live-action film.  It's such a great twist on the original story with a great cast.  Johnny Depp, Christina Ricci, Michael Gambon, Richard Griffiths and Miranda Richardson.


4) It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown - a classic.  That is all.  Who can resist Snoopy in his WWI Flying Ace costume.

5) Young Frankenstein - Mel Brooks' spoof of the classic monster movies.  Dr. Frederick Frankenstein fights against everything his grandfather did, but there's "no escaping destiny".  Gene Wilder, Marty Feldman, Teri Garr, Peter Boyle, Madeline Kahn and Cloris Leachman.

4 comments:

  1. I'm not big into halloween movies but every year I say I want to see Hocus Pocus! I still haven't seen it yet! -M

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's got commercials but Lifetime is scheduled to show it tonight.

      Delete
  2. Excellent list! One of my favorites is an old Disney movie, Watcher in the Woods, I still love that one!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't heard of that one. I'll have to check it out.

      Delete