Friday Five with Eat Pray Run DC, Mar on the Run and You Signed Up For What?!
Today's theme is 5 reasons to race, but I'll stick with 5 reasons to run. I use races as a way to keep me motivated, but running is the key for me.
1) It's healthy. Even short distances are good to boost cardiovascular health.
2) It's a good stress release. During my first job out of college, I fell out of running, and I didn't have my normal way of getting rid of stress. My parents can tell you how miserable I was.
3) Anyone can run. You don't have to be a certain age to run, or run certain times. It's an activity the whole family can enjoy, which can encourage healthy living from the beginning.
4) It's a great community. It's always great to see runners supporting other runners. We get it. We know all the hard work each person puts into running
5) It's a reason to buy running gear. Seriously, I think my running
clothes are cuter and better made than most of my regular clothes. I
have to tell myself to quit buying running gear when I'm shopping for