Friday, October 24, 2014

Friday Five: Five Reasons to Run

Friday Five with Eat Pray Run DC, Mar on the Run and You Signed Up For What?!


Today's theme is 5 reasons to race, but I'll stick with 5 reasons to run.  I use races as a way to keep me motivated, but running is the key for me.

1) It's healthy.  Even short distances are good to boost cardiovascular health.
2) It's a good stress release.  During my first job out of college, I fell out of running, and I didn't have my normal way of getting rid of stress.  My parents can tell you how miserable I was.
3) Anyone can run.  You don't have to be a certain age to run, or run certain times.  It's an activity the whole family can enjoy, which can encourage healthy living from the beginning.
4) It's a great community.  It's always great to see runners supporting other runners.  We get it.  We know all the hard work each person puts into running

And

5) It's a reason to buy running gear.  Seriously, I think my running clothes are cuter and better made than most of my regular clothes.  I have to tell myself to quit buying running gear when I'm shopping for work clothes.

8 comments:

  1. I am so glad I started to run. It has definitely enhanced my life!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Since I found the fun, it's been great!

      Delete
  2. I love the running community. For the most part, we're all so supportive of one another!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have seen a couple examples of not supporting, but generally the support is so great, whether it's from other runners or spectators.

      Delete
  3. The running community is amazing! Running gear is a plus too ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the running gear. It's gotten so much better and now I can't run in anything cotton.

      Delete
  4. #2 is SO true. i'm much nicer when i'm running regularly :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely. When I wasn't running, I didn't have an outlet for my stress and it would just eat at me.

      Delete